February 22, 2009

Woman of Substance... Abuse

Oh.

The pain, suffering, and agony of getting sick!

I must've caught pneumonia during the recent medical mission I joined. And it got worse during my recent trip to HK. And even worse when I came home.

Everyday I wished I had taken the flu shot earlier on. Lesson learned, only just the hard way this time.

I am still currently on Levofloxacin and Fluimucil, among other things like herbal medicine and vitamins, and LOTS of water.

Feeling much better, hopefully to recover 100% very soon.

It's my first time to get under the weather like this, so imagine my anxiety. I thought what I got was allergy, so I took Clarytine. When nothing better was happening, I took Difflam. It's quite powerful, really. My entire throat went numb in an instant. If it got better I was to take Cepacol. I suddenly developed phlegm and so I tool Robitussin Maximum Strength. And after that I tried expectorants and all other stuff I thought would help. If it was flu I'd have fever and body aches but I just had cough... weird! After about 10 liters of water and many other kinds of medications I just confined my body to the bed for two days. I was thinking of going on antibiotics but am always hesitant on popping those pills. See, I also recently heard about a person who took antibiotics unnecessarily thus killing even the good bacteria, developed fungus, and after a short while passed away. Imagine that, eh? So... later on I went to see a Chinese medicinal herb doctor and when that didn't work out, I got a little bit more worried.

Anyways, I went to the hospital recently and had a checkup, turns out I got infection in one of my lungs. So hopefully I just really have to rid of the unwanted elements off my chest. And the mucolytic's working, happy to say that.

So now I wanna fully recover so I can get that flu shot I've been thinking about.

No comments: